Course Scholarship Program

This program provides regular opportunities that enable students to attend classes and workshops at very reduced cost. These scholarships are intended to make Metalwerx’s programs available to a wider range of artists and aspiring metalsmiths.

These scholarships cover 75% of the cost of tuition for a specific workshop. Recipients are responsible for the remaining 25% of tuition and any associated materials fees. Fee Waiver: If the 25% of tuition cost poses a financial hardship, please indicate this in your application narrative. Metalwerx may be able to waive the fee for certain classes, depending on the scholarship budget for the year.

How it works:

When select classes still have spaces available in them one month (or less) prior to their start date, a seat will be offered to scholarship applicants.  All approved applicants will receive an email indicating that an opportunity has become available to take that course. Spaces will be awarded to approved applicants on a first come first served basis, with preference given to applicants who have not received a scholarship space in that current 365/day cycle.

Qualifications for this scholarship include a commitment to further one's education in metal arts and clear artistic goals. All skill levels may apply for scholarships, but recipients must meet pre-requisites for a particular class or workshop in order to attend.

Applicant Criteria: 

Applicants must meet at least one of these criteria:

  • Any BIPOC artist or aspiring artist.
  • Current students in a full-time degree program.
  • Students who have graduated from a degree program within the last 7 years.
  • Full-time jewelers who have started their jewelry-related business within the last 5 years.
  • High school students with relevant experience.
  • Residents of Waltham.
Application Deadline:

Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Once accepted into the program, participants are eligible to receive scholarships for one year. Applicants will be notified of accepted status approximately one month after the deadline.

Have you attended Metalwerx before?
Would you like to be added to the Metalwerx mailing list?
How did you learn about this scholarship?
Applicants must meet at least one of these criteria. Please select which one applies to you.
Please explain how you qualify for the option selected above (e.g. College or High School you attend(ed), a link to your website and business name, etc.)
Please describe what artistic goals you hope to pursue at Metalwerx and how furthering your education in the metal arts will help you achieve these objectives?
List your educational and/or work experience or paste your resume or CV.

Images

Please upload 5 images of relevant work you have made. Images may be either a jpeg or a tif, but should be 300 dpi, at least 4” x 6”. Metalwerx reserves the right to use your images for promotional materials related to our scholarships. Metalwerx will credit the artist if an image of their work is used.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png.
 

Stay Connected