I just wanted to let you know that I could not have been more impressed with this Jewelry 1 class. Diane is awesome. She really knows her stuff. I have taken classes before at other places and I have to say that here at Metalwerx the instructor knowledge level, studio space and equipment have all been exceptional.
Materials, Services, & Suppliers
Metalwerx Platinum Partners
We'd like to extend a special thanks to our closest vendors, Metalwerx's Platinum Partners. The wonderful folks at these companies help make it possible for us to keep our studio up-to-date with the latest top-notch equipment and supplies. Their support allows us to provide expanded course offerings and support topics that require specialized equipment needs. With their contributions, we have been able to keep up with studio and classroom upgrades, as well as unexpected repair and maintenance of our equipment.
|Allcraft is a family company that is always there to help answer your questions. They sell a huge array of metals, tools, and supplies for metalsmiths and jewelers.|
|"For your bench. At your side." Rio Grande carries just about everything including metal, tools, equipment, findings, packaging, and supplies to support bench jewelers, jewelry designers, retail jewelers and manufacturers.|
Ganoksin is an online community for jewelry makers with over 19,000 members and thousands of informational articles about jewelry making. Metalwerx friends save 10% on a membership (click here for details).
The International Gem Society is an online informational resource and online community for everyone interested in gemstones from hobbyists to professionals and everyone in between. IGS has over 5,000 members. Metalwerx friends save 10% on a membership (click here for details).
- A Matter of Brilliance (appraisal and jewelry consulting services)
- AU Enterprises - Casting, Mold-making, CAD/CAM
- Charley Freiberg Photography (professional product photographer)
- Geib Refining Corp. (refiners of gold, silver, platinum, palladium, and rhodium)
- Hoover and Strong - Casting, Refining
- Marlene Richey (art/business consultant)
- NTR Metals - Refining
- Racecar Jewelry - Casting, Mold-making, CAD/CAM, 3d Printing.
- Rio Grande - Refining
- RP Wax - CAD/CAM, 3D printing.
- Solo Designs (marketing, websites, and graphic design services)
- Shapeways - 3D Printing
- Zero Porosity Casting - Casting, CAD/CAM, 3D printing
- Art Clay World, USA (metal clay supplies)
- Azurz (rare cabochons and gems)Boston Gems - Gemstones
- Charon Kransen Arts (books and rare art catalogs)
- Contenti - Jewelry Supplies & Tools, Metals
- Dikra Gem Inc (cabochons, faceted stones and SBBTs)
- Formlabs (3D printers)
- Gesswein - Jewelry Supplies & Tools
- Greco Leather (artisan quality leather cord)
- H&N Electronics- Flux & Tin solder
- Hoover and Strong - Jewelry & Tools, Metals
- Industrial Metal Supplies - Non precious metals, Patina solutions
- John McVeigh Designs (fine and unusual gemstones and beads)
- Metalliferous - Jewelry Supplies &Tools Tools, Metals
- McMaster - Tools, non-precious metals, Tooling
- Micro Fasteners (micro screws, nuts, and washers)
- Micromark - "The Small tool Specialist"
- Miniflam USA (soldering torch)
- NTR Metals - Metals
- Otto Frei - Jewelry Supplies & Tools
- Penny Nisenbaum GG (extraordinary pearls and unique stones)
- Rare Earth Mining Company (gemstones and fossils)
- Reactive Metals - Jewelry Supplies &Tools, Metals
- Rio Grande - Jewelry Supplies & Tools, Metals
- Sophie Vaughan Berzofsky(stones and beads)
- Silver In Style USA (chain, findings, and more)
- Stuller - Jewelry Supplies & Tools, Metals
- Trinity Imports - Gem stones
- Woodlab/Alternative Materials (premium materials and servicing)
- Art Jewelry Magazine
- Bench Magazine - "All articles in BENCH magazine are written by working jewelers who are masters of their craft - Bench Magine"
- Following the Iron Brush - "This forum was conceived as a specialist area on the internet to bring together artist’s who’s primary interests include small scale sculpture. "
- The Ganoksin Project - the gem and jewelry world's foremost information resource on the Internet. Open to the public, free of charge -- a substantial library of articles, publications, reports, and technical data on gem and jewelry related topics; as well as a sizable collection of art and jewelry galleries, for both the casual visitor and the professional.
- International Gem Society - IGS was initially founded to make gemology information accessible and affordable to everyone. Members can enroll in an online gemology course and take the complete course through to certification. Now, the mission has evolved to bringing together people who want to learn, discuss and trade gemstones.
- MJSA - "Since its incorporation in 1903, MJSA has followed the same essential mission: to provide the information and support needed by jewelry makers, designers, and related suppliers to achieve professional excellence. - MJSA"
- Society of North American Goldsmiths - "SNAG supports and advances the professional practice of artists, designers, jewelers and metalsmiths - SNAG"