Cindy is likely one of the best teachers I've ever experienced. She not only knew her own field exceptionally well but had empathy for the student’s abilities, pace, style of learning, etc. She seemed to be constantly able to register the situation for each individual student - sometimes while she was actively teaching to the group. She is an OUTSTANDING instructor.
Marketplace Silent Auction
Metalwerx is nationally recognized as an innovative leader in metalworking education, focused on elevating and celebrating every aspect of the metal arts. Our school and community studio provides jewelry making instruction from introductory to professional level courses, in a well-equipped and supportive environment. We offer students a comfortable learning atmosphere and teach skills that will lead to professional and personal fulfillment.
New this year, we have launched a Friends of Metalwerx scholarship program that will award multiple scholarships throughout the year. Our plan provides regular opportunities that enable students to attend courses at a reduced cost. These scholarships are intended to make our programs available to wider demographic and support the livelihood and continued education of emerging artists, professional jewelers, students, and metals enthusiasts.
All proceeds from the Marketplace Silent Auction will benefit our Friends of Metalwerx scholarship fund.
Here are just a few of the items you can bid on!
Tools, Stones, and Services:
- A matched pair of precision cut amethyst cut by the world famous lapidary artist, Richard Homer. Donated by Seth Rosen, owner of Ganoksin and the International Gem Society.
- $100 Mold Making service credit. Donated by Dan Grandi, owner of Racecar Jewelry Company.
- One year membership to Manufacturing Jewelers and Suppliers of America (MJSA). Donated by MJSA.
- One year membership to the Women's Jewelry Association (WJA) Boston Chapter. Donated by WJA.
- Wax Carving Private Lessons on Martha's Vineyard. Donated by artist and Board Member Emeritus, Sumner Silverman.
- One single item full appraisal. Donated by Aimee Berrent, owner of A Matter of Brilliance.
- A strand of beads or pearls. Donated by Sophie Vaughan Berzofsky.
- Leather. Donated by Carolyn Joyce of Greco Leather.
Handmade Jewelry & Crafts:
- "2016 Class Ring" made by Michael Boyd. Donated by the artist with components created during his Summer with the Masters workshop!
- Brooch by Randi Chervitz, “Uncommon Threads”. Donated by Munya Avigail Upin and Kirstin Ball, owners of Alchemy 9.2.5.
- Bracelet by Adrienne Sloane. Donated by Munya Avigail Upin and Kirstin Ball, owners of Alchemy 9.2.5.
- Porcelain ring by Linda Hillman. Donated by Munya Avigail Upin and Kirstin Ball, owners of Alchemy 9.2.5.
- Brooch by Munya Avigail Upin. Donated by the artist.
- Hand woven lap blanket by Judy Schaefer. Donated by the artist.
- Hand woven scarf by Judy Schaefer. Donated by the artist.
- Ornaments by Teresa Mowery, Patina Studio. Donated by the artist.
- Sea Urchin Pendant set by Kiki Kinney, Quitsakiki Designs. Donated by the artist.
- Two Bracelets by Paulette Werger and Pamela Cole. Donated by the artists.
- Earrings by Joy Raskin. Donated by the artist.
- Custom knit adult sweater by Shing Hseih. Donated by the artist.
- Infant Knit ensemble (Crown and Sweater) by Kiki Kinney and Shing Hseih. Donated by the artists.
- Necklace by Karenna Maraj, Karenna Maraj Jewelry Collection. Donated by the artist.
- Earrings by Karenna Maraj, Karenna Maraj Jewelry Collection. Donated by the artist.