All the equipment was provided; the instruction was stellar and the staff were friendly and accommodating. They really went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and ensure everyone's satisfaction. I was truly impressed.
Metalwerx is thrilled to announce that we have revamped Vendor Day, and will be hosting our expanded Metalwerx Marketplace this fall! Marketplace 2016 will showcase a diverse group of merchants and service providers catering to jewelers, metalsmiths and makers in our region. This THREE DAY event will feature a special VIP preview on Friday afternoon/evening (Shop and Schmooze), and two full days to shop, stock up on all the products you need, find new resources, attend free seminars, and meet your favorite vendors.
Get your tickets in advance and save! Tickets will be $15 at the door but $10 for anyone who purchases them in advance. Ticket includes entrance for both Saturday and Sunday. Simply bring your email confirmation with you to the event.
We have more than twenty companies joining us this year who offer everything you need for jewelry making and metalworking including tools, equipment, supplies and services. Click here to read more about our participating vendors.
Find essential services to support your business. Drop off models for mold making, get casting quotes, and sign up for one hour on-site business consulting and photography sessions. Click here to find out how to sign up.
Don't miss out on our demonstration and lecture series happening throughout the weekend. Our established professionals will share their technical and business expertise to enhance your skill set and support your business. The schedule is listed below, with more details at this link. In addition, there are teaching booths on the show floor where participants make a mini-project! Click here to learn about each presentation.
Join us for a party to celebrate the opening of Metalwerx Marketplace. This fundraiser for Metalwerx provides attendees with an exclusive afternoon and evening of "schmoozing" with vendors over drinks and hors d’oeuvres. Get the first chance to shop and a weekend pass to come back and attend the exciting line-up of lectures and demonstrations. Click here to join us for this special event.
Hilton Hotel Boston/Woburn, 2 Forbes Road, Woburn, MA 01801. Located just north of Boston, the Hilton Boston/Woburn offers free parking! It is convenient to major highways (I93 & I95) and many local restaurants and shops. Click here for directions. If you aren't driving, it's only minutes from Mishawum Center Station off the commuter rail. Just take and Uber, Taxi, or Hotel Shuttle to get there.
Friday, October 21 from 4 PM - 8:30 PM
- 4 PM: Early access begins at Shop and Schmooze!
- 5 PM: Passed hors d'oeuvres and cocktails
- 7 PM Special announcements
- 8 PM: Wrap up the party
Saturday, October 22 from 10 AM - 5 PM
- 10 AM: Doors open! Vendor booths are open all day. Silent auction available for bidding
- 11 AM: Demonstration: How to Raise and Sink Metal with Bill Fretz
- 1 PM: Demonstration: Introduction to Pulse Arc Welding with Jeff Georgantes
- 1 PM: Book signing with Karen Karon, Author of Chain Maille Jewelry Workshop and Advanced Chain Maille
- 3 PM: Demonstration: Moldmaking and Casting with Reynolds Advanced Materials
- 5 PM: Vendors close up shop for the day
Sunday, October 23 from 10 AM - 5 PM
- 10 AM: Doors open! Vendor booths are open all day
- 11 AM: Lecture: Working with Galleries with Charon Kransen
- 1 PM: Lecture: Pricing Your Work with Marlene Richey
- 3 PM: Successful Castings: What Makes a Good Model with Daniel Grandi of RaceCar Jewelry Company, Inc.
- 5 PM: Vendors close up shop for the day...Only 365 days left until the next Marketplace
Many thanks to our Sponsors:
Don't miss the Bonny Doon Teaching Booth Sponsored by Rio Grande! Read more at this link: Marketplace Educational Series
Don't miss the Flex Shaft Tips and Tricks Teaching Booth Sponsored by Foredom! Read more at this link: Marketplace Educational Series