Tips and tricks of all kinds that will help you get a leg-up in your metalsmthing endeavors.

Learn and grow using expert level know how.
Click here to read our Tricks of the Trade from the past year.»

Friends of Metalwerx Scholarships

These scholarships cover 75% of the cost of tuition for a specific workshop and ALL materials fees. Recipients are responsible for the remaining 25% of tuition, which goes towards facilities maintenance and supplies.

How it works: When select classes still have spaces available in them one month (or less) prior to their start date, a seat will be offered to scholarship applicants.  All approved applicants will receive an email indicating that an opportunity has become available to take that course. Spaces will be awarded to approved applicants on a first come first served basis, with preference given to applicants who have not received a scholarship space in that current 365/day cycle.

Qualifications for this scholarship include a commitment to further one's education in metal arts and clear artistic goals. All skill levels may apply for scholarships, but recipients must meet pre-requisites for a particular class or workshop in order to attend.

Applicant Criteria: 

Applicants must meet at least one of these criteria:

  • Current students in a full-time degree program.
  • Students who have graduated from a degree program within the last 7 years.
  • Full-time jewelers who have started their jewelry-related business within the last 5 years.
  • High school students with relevant experience.
  • Residents of Waltham.

Application Deadline:

Applications will be reviewed on the closing dates below. Applicants who are accepted into the Friends of Metalwerx Scholarship program are eligible to receive scholarships one year from the closing date on which their application was received. Applicants will be notified of accepted status approximately one month after the deadline.

  • October 1
  • April 1

Application Fee:

There is a $25 fee that will be automatically added to your online shopping cart after you submit the application form. 


This program is supported in part by a grant from the Waltham Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency.


Scholarship Application Form

Please explain how you qualify for the option selected above (e.g. College or High School you attend(ed), a link to your website and business name, etc.)
Please describe what artistic goals you hope to pursue at Metalwerx and how furthering your education in the metal arts will help you achieve these objectives?
List your educational and/or work experience or cut-n-paste your resume or CV.
Please upload 5 images of relevant work you have made. Images may be either a jpeg or a tif, but should be 300 dpi, at least 4” x 6”. Metalwerx reserves the right to use your images for promotional materials related to our scholarships. Metalwerx will credit the artist if an image of their work is used.
Files must be less than 2 MB.
Allowed file types: jpg jpeg png tif.
Files must be less than 2 MB.
Allowed file types: jpg jpeg png tif.
Files must be less than 2 MB.
Allowed file types: jpg jpeg png tif.
Files must be less than 2 MB.
Allowed file types: jpg jpeg png tif.
Files must be less than 2 MB.
Allowed file types: jpg jpeg png tif.